Thursday, March 6, 2008

Episode Five - The Constant

Hello!

Happy Friday! So yes, I think I'm probably a huge dork since I took the day off and I'm still writing to you, now that's dedication! I only hope you all actually read it and like it, haha! So, I went out last night for a friend's bday and only just finished the episode. So let's get down to it!

1. Woah. Freaky time travel. Okay so clearly this explained A LOT. I'm assuming we're supposed to assume that this time travel thing has been happening to him since the hatch exploded, an obvious side effect of the radiation and electromagnetism. It just appears that his travel off of the island intensified the side affects, that being his split consciousness in different times. So this kind of reminded me of the matrix. The disconnect between the body and the brain, you can't really exist in both places and Daniel was trying to get him to choose a place, find the constant, to keep him sane enough in one place. Luckily he chose the future so he can still interact with the losties, although i gotta tell ya, Desmond with the short hair, i like.

2. Jack - still very hot, but wasn't in it much. I'm actually okay with jack-less eps so long as an other hot person takes their place. Or a good story line, and in this one we got both!

3. TONS of hidden easter eggs in the episode, pretty obvious ones. I trust you all notice the reference to the black rock and the auctioning off of the never before read diary ... i wonder if we shall see that come into play. My guess is no since it was discovered 7 years after the boat crash or something. Or did he say 7 years ago, because that would be interesting. Also the numbers made some appearances. We still haven't figured that one out, maybe Daniel will help with that.

4. Merry Christmas losties ... maybe Kate will stop being a crazy person and get with Jack for his present! Either that or it would be a Christmas gift for me if Juliet was killed off!

5. Speaking of deaths, I hate to say it but I think Desmond might be next. Clearly this time travel thing takes a toll on the body, I was just surprised to see how fast it affected him all of a sudden. But he made his connect with Penny, told her he loved her, so he's kind of resolved, and i think that would be a pretty big death for the show, enough to shock everyone. Either him or Claire.

6. Okay, so Sayid, he's good with electronics, i get it. But that communications room looked pretty bad. How the hell did he get that phone fixed in like two seconds! come on!

7. Daniel Farraday - he's becoming a fave, i love his quirkiness. He's taking over my love for patchy, whom i still miss. But from the end, we were supposed to assume he suffers from the time travel disease as well? Why haven't we seen him go all comatose? He has a greater mission clearly but lord knows when we will find out. Looks like he'll be concocting more experiments in next week's episode.

8. Who is the secret helper on the boat? I've heard people say Michael but I doubt it. I mean, when Ben let him off the island he gave him bearings, which I would be curious to see if they were the same ones that the helicopter pilot was following, and Ben said they would find rescue. But Ben clearly doesn't like these boaties so why would he send Michael there? It's probably someone we haven't met yet.

9. Time travel kind of hurts my head when I think about it. I think I enjoyed lost more when it was more realistic like they were all just stuck on an island. It's a little far fetched but I guess they're playing it off well. Did anyone ever see the movie "Contact"? It was terrible. Not sure why i brought it up, time travel i suppose but it was a crappy movie, yet i don't change the channel when it's on.

10. Next week looks like its shaping up to be a Juliet centric episode. She is awful, when will she go away, we can only pray next week will be her demise. Also, not a huge fan of this Charlotte person. Basically anyone that gets in the way of Kate and Jack. :) Oh and I forgot to mention Minkowski - holler to the guy from Johnny 5!

Okay well off to enjoy my day off! Until next week!



originally sent on February 29, 2008

No comments: