Thursday, March 6, 2008

Episode Four - Eggtown

Hi Everyone,

Okay so last night was episode four and it was one of my fave character’s – Kate! So me and some friends tried out a new place in NYC – Professor Thom’s and they have a lost watch night – big screens and the whole place quiets down for the show, lots of fun basically. I passed on the Hurley burger and got a grilled cheese and it was delicious! The Jack’s Nacho’s were also a big hit J Anywho let’s get to it! My top ten point list of the week!

1. First things first, Jack and Kate. Big steps seemed to have been made in their relationship off the island. Jack was defending Kate in the courtroom, and even though he said he didn’t love her anymore to the jury, that was clearly proved wrong at the end when he wanted to go grab coffee. I am absolutely convinced they have some sort of love affair off the island because they have a special meeting spot at the airport. So I wonder when they actually do. Before Jack goes crazy but after the courtroom? Jack and Kate foreverrrrr J


2. Baby Aaron – Okay so this was the big surprise of the episode, and actually they made it pretty obvious in the beginning with Kate and Claire talking about Aaron, but honestly I didn’t really see Kate becoming a mother post crash. So I guess this answers the “he” question from season 3 finale. I sort of thought it was her ex husband (Kate racks up some pretty hot exes) but alas, it was her “son”. So the question now is, is it really Claire’s Aaron or is it Kate’s baby whom she named Aaron. I’m pretty sure it’s Claire’s baby. He’s blonde (but so is Sawyer) and he’s pretty old already, I’m assuming Kate’s trial happened pretty quickly after the crash since she was so high profile. So now we have to wonder why Claire never made it off the island and Kate has her baby. Also, didn’t the prophet say bad things would happen if anyone besides Claire was to raise the baby? Did anyone else think the baby looked different, omg I’m so bad. Haha.

3. 8 crash survivors – Okay so in the trial Jack said only 8 people survived the crash. So clearly he is lying, and the Oceanic 6 are covering something up which we all knew. So I’m thinking he said 8 because they are going to confess that 2 people died, one of which will be Claire, and that’s how Kate got the baby. I’ve actually thought that Claire would die before the series ended because her back story was kind of weak. Besides her and Jack being half brother and sister, which by the way I can’t wait for them to find out, she really doesn’t have much more to offer the show. Usually when people are in pairs, i.e Shannon and Boone, Nikki and Paulo, they don’t survive much longer without the other. So since Charlie bit the dust, my fear is Claire doesn’t have much longer.

4. Jack and Claire as bro and sis – I can’t wait for this one to happen but I really hope lost let’s them both know while they are on the island. Poor Jack really doesn’t have much luck with family so I’d like for him to at least know that Claire is his sister. But, if he finds out after the island maybe that’s what makes him crazy and want to go back, to find her. Also is this why he doesn’t want to see the baby? Because he knows it’s his nephew and maybe something bad happened to take Aaron away from Claire and he doesn’t agree with it? Or does Aaron have some sort of weird powers a la Walt and it freaks Jack out? OR is it Sawyer and Kate’s real baby and that makes Jack mad? Haha just some food for thought…

5. Miles and Ben – switching from my Jack Kate obsession, let’s chat about the Miles and Ben aspect. $3.2 million. So specific, and Ben questioned that. Pretty ballsy for Miles to risk his life to get to the island only to ask for money, doesn’t really make too much sense to me. Why do these people want Ben? My only guess at this point is that they are old Dharma, looking to punish him for the purge. But if Ben is good, which is what I think the show is trying to make us think, then the boaties have to be bad and I don’t think Dharma are bad people. They actually wanted to learn from the island. But the boaties clearly don’t like the original inhabitants so that’s why I think they are Dharma, back for revenge!

6. I miss Patchy. Seriously, I’m hoping he isn’t dead because for some reason I just loved that guy. Maybe I have a thing for one eyed bad guys!

7. Juliet still sucks at life. I can’t wait until she dies, which clearly she has to since there was only an Oceanic 6 and if they lied about the number of survivors, then they certainly wouldn’t tell people about the people already there. Also she sucks, did I mention that? And if her and Jack make out again I might throw something at the TV.

8. Locke is starting to annoy me. I hope he loses all his followers, which we know he will since in the season premiere Hurley said he shouldn’t have followed Locke. Looks like Sawyer is going to stay with Locke since he and Kate got in that big fight, which although I love Kate, Sawyer had a point. She never makes up her mind and she should be glad she isn’t preggers. Doesn’t she remember that pregnant women die on the island? That was a pretty hot scene, coming from a jack and Kate lover. Also, where did Kate get all the nice new lingerie? Also the first thing I would do once I got to Othersville is shower!! Come one people!

9. Also, when they were reading Kate’s charges, I was impressed. I had forgotten she had racked up so many! And I’m no lawyer, but I find it extremely doubtful that she would get off with just probation. Murder, robbing a bank, assault on multiple police, and her getting her childhood bf killed would never get off that easy. But I guess with this show we need a little suspension of disbelief and by little I mean a lot. Also, why did she stop Jack’s time on the witness stand? She seemed really uncomfortable about him saying all these good things about her but then as soon as they got outside she was all smiles and wanted to be chatty and flirty with him. Well obvio she didn’t do everything he said but it was clear he loves her and she was not down with that. Ohhh Kate when will you stop being so difficult and just get with Jack! PS Kate has a sweet house, guess Oceanic settled big!

10. I think I def like my Jack to be scruffy and not so clean cut. And he’s currently in NYC to promote Vantage Point … soooo I’m clearly down for some stalking if anyone is interested.

Okay so that was pretty long. Feel free to comment, add your theories or just read! Next week I will be out of the office on Friday but I will still try to write one, might not make it until Monday. If you know anyone else who wants to be on the email let me know. Have a wonderful weekend in the snow everyone!

XOXO
Bridget



original email sent February 22, 2008

No comments: